Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Testing the rules.

When I had started trading I had set myself some rules:

1. Never chase a stock that has taken off, wait for it to consolidate or let go.
2. Never buy at whim, gut feeling, angel on my shoulder feeling.
3. Never buy at the opening of the market, wait for 1/2 hour to 1 hour.
4. Never buy againt the trend.
5. Check all the indicators. Volume and RSI are must and check market news.

Today ORI broke out in the early morning and I really wanted to jump in as everything looked good, except it was 10:15 and the stock price was 30.15 So I decided to stick to my rules and wait it out. My patience really got tested and I waited till 10:45 before making an entry with 20% of my allocated fund. by this time it had really started its run. If I had made an earlier entry I would have got it cheaper but you can't win all the time, can you ?

ORI finished the day at 31.70 with nice volume.


No comments: